Saturday, April 16, 2011

N - Nonfiction Time!

I blog a lot about fiction here. But I’m also a great fan of good nonfiction, and I realized I haven’t been giving it much attention around here. Time to fix that!

True stories have a way to move us that sometimes fiction doesn’t. Just thinking it’s true, it really happened, gives you a rush, the feeling of being allowed into something… If you haven’t read a whole bunch of nonfiction books, you should definitely give it a try. I particularly enjoy narrative journalism and memoirs, so here are a few of my favorite nonfiction books. Hope you enjoy them!


First They Killed My Father – Loung Ung

Infidel – Ayaan Hirsi Ali

And The Band Played On – Randy Shilts

Princess – Jean P. Sasson

Bitter Is The New Black – Jen Lancaster

Hiroshima – John Hersey

In Cold Blood – Truman Capote


What about you? Do you read nonfiction? What are your favorite books?

1 comment:

  1. Interesting post! I guess I don't read nearly as much non-fiction as I should, although I have read Hiroshima and I liked it. Great list for me to start with :)

    Sarah Allen
    (my creative writing blog)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails